Circus Puzzle makes room for harmony between bodies and objects.
Circus Puzzle unfolds objects, props and apparels, into tools, shelters, vehicles; into language.
Circus Puzzle reminds us that we never get all the pieces, helps us to deal with absurdity, even to embrace it !
Circus Puzzle finds balance within instants, cultivates patience, plays with risk, chooses the most surprising way instead of the easiest.
Circus Puzzle is a glow, a window, an answer to life, universe and everything.
Circus artists suffer utopia syndrom. We would like to be light, to twist matter at will, to get everything we want and need nothing. So we endlessly seek a solution. Circus Puzzle is a game, a research about assembling stumbled across fragments into an identity.
- Artistic direction, stage direction, sound design and management : Denis Paumier / LaScie
- Circus artists : Jean-Baptiste Diot (juggling / carrying), Paul Keaton (unicycle), Thibault Theyssens (Cyr wheel)
- Dramaturgy, theatre consultant, costumes : Alice Faure
- Construction : Stéphane Drouard
- Production - administration : Anne Sophie Bremaud
- Support : Maison de Quartier Le Ludoval (Reims), Le Studio du Manège - Scène Nationale (Reims), Le Colombier (Magnanville), La Maison des Jonglages (La Courneuve), Académie Fratellini (Saint-Denis)
- Duration : 45min
- Stage dimensions : 7m wide / 6m deep, open air or indoors